1. The world’s oldest recognized constitution was created by a Ukrainian statesman, Pylyp Orlyk. The constitution was formed immediately after his election as Hetman of Zaporizhia troops in April 1710 – 77 years earlier than the enactment of the constitution of the United States.
2. In 1934, a linguistic competition held in Paris hailed the Ukrainian language as one of the world’s three most beautiful languages. (The other two were French and Persian.),its said ukrainian is the most beautiful language
3. With its depth of 105 meters, the Arsenal’na subway station in the city of Kiev is considered as the deepest subway station in the world.
4. One of the world’s heaviest silver coins is found in Ukraine. The coin named “10 years of hryvnia revival” was first produced in 2006 and weighs exactly one kilogram.(1000 grams)
5. The traditional school uniform of female Ukrainian students – a cotton knee-length black dress layered with a white apron-like piece and waistband tie – very closely resembles the “French maid” costumes we sometimes see in costume parties.
6. One of the most famous features of the Kyiv Museum of Miniatures is a life-sized flea wearing golden shoes. This gold flea was created by prominent Ukrainian craftsman Mykola Syadrysty.
7. Ukrainian breads, often served with mayonnaise, are part of every meal of the day
8. Card playing is strictly prohibited for Christians in Ukraine.
9. One of Russia’s greatest novelists, Mikhail Bulgakov, called Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, the most beautiful city in the world.
10. The small Ukrainian town of Rahiv is, in fact, the geographic center of Europe.
11.With its depth of 105 meters, the Arsenal’na subway station in the city of Kiev is considered as the deepest subway station in the world.
12.The name “Ukraine” is derived from the word “krai” which means border.